I’m slightly ashamed to admit it, but it took me several trips abroad before I finally made a “universal packing list” to ease my packing woes. I ALWAYS forgot something, despite my constant packing and repacking! So if you’re like me and need a list to refer to, I’ve decided to share my universal packing list to help you prepare with less stress!
- Passport (for international adventures) or state/local ID (domestic)
- Phone, headphones & charger
- Universal adapter & rechargeable/on-the-go battery pack
- Over the counter medications: some of my necessities include Excedrin, Imodium, Pepto, Zyrtec, Ibuprofen, & Dramamine (please tailor to your needs!)
- Toiletries: shampoo/conditioner, face wash, body wash, razor, deodorant, lotion/moisturizer, perfume/cologne (depending on location), toothbrush/paste, floss, fluoride, sunscreen, tide pens/stain removers, Q-tips, nail clippers/tweezers, & make-up (optional)
- Hair brush/comb and hair ties (if you have long hair of course!)
- First Aid kit: absolute essentials include bandages/band-aids, gauze, and anti-septic wipes/Neosporin
- Journals/notebooks & pens
- Digital camera, memory card, & batteries/charger (cameras are great for adventures that smartphones can’t always capture, such as wildlife safaris)
- Bathing suit, sandals, hat, and towel
- Clothing layers: sweatshirt, jacket, leggings (location dependent)
- Sneakers, socks & exercise wear
- At least one nice outfit!
- A few shirts/blouses, 1-2 leggings, 1 jeans, & 1-2 dresses or skirts
- Neck pillow & blanket (for those 15 hour flights)
- And my stuffed penguin named Wilson (any home comfort!)
Is there anything I’m missing on my list? I want to hear from you! Leave me a comment of your essentials you can’t travel without!